The Centre for Research Excellence in Frailty and Healthy Ageing at Flinders University is co-developing an education and awareness video about frailty. The video is a critical step in the move towards creating greater awareness and initiating conversations about frailty in our community.
The Plug-in is seeking participants to be actively involved in following opportunities with Flinders University. You can:
– Participate in the development of the educational video via online surveys
– Be involved in the filming of the education video
Criteria for Filming
The Plug-in is looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences (diverse according to cultural background, sex, age, and frailty status) who must be available from 14-28 February 2019 for filming.
You may have experience with frailty or be a carer or family member impacted by the diagnosis and are willing to share your journey and if your goals have been adapted or transformed.
You may be able to relate to the following scenarios:
– A person of any age but likely 55+ years who have experienced an event that has jeopardised their wellbeing and are able to share what they learnt, and what changed for the positive?
– An older person 70+ years with chronic health conditions and are managing this situation and can share what has helped with the pain and their ability to be active
– Experience navigating the Health Care system post diagnosis
Details to participate in the online survey
The Plug-in is seeking participants who are willing to test story ideas and identify keywords utilised for online searching to ensure the messages contained in the education video are effective.
We are looking for people to provide feedback via online surveys in late January and again in mid-February 2019.
How to become involved:
Spaces are limited. You can be involved in one or both opportunities.
For further information, please contact Michelle Mitolo, Manager, Plug-in Community on 8224 5588 or email email@example.com